Used Food a.k.a. Leftovers

I said I wasn't going to do second hand food, but I suppose if it's my second hand food, that's okay. Just before I started to try batch cooking / meal prepping I had some amazing (and healthy) taco bowls. The benefit of making taco bowls is the inevitable taco meat leftovers. Seriously, that shit is amazing! I thought I had a problem when I ran out of wraps and was low on toppings, but you know what doesn't require wraps and toppings? Scrambled eggs infused with leftover taco meat. Sweet Jesus they were delicious. I think I even threw in the last of the sliced jalapenos, you know the ones, the butts no one wants to eat. Diced those bad boys up and tossed them in too. Know what else I saw in the fridge? Half a sausage that no one was going to eat. Guess what happened to that? Diced, pan friend and added to my eggs-trodinary creation. What? You thought there'd be no lame ass dad puns? I'm a dad ... of two ... I'm surprised it's taken this long.

I assure you, my skillet didn't look this good. The term "dog's breakfast" comes to mind.

Anyways, a new dimension to the challenge should be no buying new food until I finish what I've already purchased. I guess I could buy some things to complete recipes, so perhaps a goal of a net loss in cupboard items should be the goal. I envision working out something like this: I can buy 2 of 'X,' but I gotta use a can of 'Y' in the recipe too. That sorta thing. Scintillating, isn't it? Look, not every day is going to be super exciting. I'm de-cluttering and not buying new stuff for year. I'm going to get desperate for content here and there.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism