Thrift Shopping for Clothes!

I found myself with a few minutes to spare today so I decided to try and go thrift shopping at the nearby Salvation Army. I'm particularly fussy with what I wear. I like slim fit shirts and boot-cut jeans. I've had zero luck at the last two thrift shops I checked out, but this challenge wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy, right? If everyone could do it, they would. Wait, that's not true. Everyone can do it. We just choose not to. We opt for the most recent trend/style/whatever and buy seasonally or annually or whatever it is, but it's unnecessary. We prefer convenience over the hunt for a good bargain at a thrift store. Maybe there's a stigma, albeit much undeserved. Luckily I'm quite fine with the timeless look of jeans and a t-shirt and I'll buy used 'cause I just don't care. Honestly, the pictures you see of me today versus five to six years ago are almost identical. I'd wager my look ten years ago would be identical. I even wear many of the same clothes, with the exception of my old carpenter jeans which I got ridden pretty hard about, not being a carpenter and all. Regardless of the relentless ridicule I took, I always argued I valued function over fashion. I wash my jeans inside out to preserve colour. I do the same with my shirts to preserve the graphics. That has allowed me to keep at least one shirt I know of for the last fifteen years. You read that right - a fifteen year old t-shirt!

Now, what I found at the Salvation Army my wife has suggested isn't me. I didn't think so at the time of purchase, but she's likely right (what else is new?). I don't wear plaid. I wear ripped jeans, but these (I think) were pre-ripped, which I've never bought. The two items - my new (used) jeans and top - cost me a grand total of $15.98 ... no tax because they are used clothes. That's a win! The fact my wife likes the look? Also a win! I suppose that's literally a win-win situation. Without any further adieu, here is what I purchased.

Jeans: $5.99, Top: $9.99

The jeans are from Aeropostale and the shirt is from Guess. I imagine I saved quite a bit of money versus buying from either store. Am I on top of the fashion scene with this outfit? Not likely. Have I ever been though? No. Did my wife like it? I think so, and she's the only one, besides that me, that should.

There you have it. I purchased clothes, but managed to buy gently used clothes. I think this is a thrift store challenge win given my picky, yet simplistic, tastes.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism