If It Ain't Broken ... Oh Wait, It Is ... Kinda ...

One of the things I purchased late last year, before going all second-hand only, was a Fitbit tracker ... because I lost my first Fitbit tracker ... when it fell off during a run. Who saw that coming?!? Well, I've somehow managed to mash up my second one, but before I throw in the towel on it and start searching for a $100 replacement, I've given a solid go in fixing it.

Check this rubberband, super glue and quarter DIY fixer upper!

The flap of the strap stayed attached to the top for, I don't now, half a day before my oldest tore it again while we wrestled. I guess I need a different strategy for fixing this bloody thing, not that I'm winning any of the Fitbit challenges anyways. This is the perfect excuse for not hitting my 10k steps. "Oh, I couldn't get my steps in today, my Fitbit is being superglued with a rubberband and dirty coin. It's not that I suck, I assure you."

My Fitbit is aesthetically f'ed, but it's functional. It still counts steps. It still monitors heart rate and times my workouts. The band might tear at any minute or wreck one of my shirts when the hard plastic of the screen snags, but ultimately, it works, so I don't need a third Fitbit. Also, I tried fixing it and I'm no further ahead, so 'F' it.

Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it's not worth keeping. I'm glad my wife feels the same way about me.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism