Freebies

I got a new shirt today, but I didn't pay for it, so I'm not counting it as 'purchased.' The streak continues at 47 days ... or so ... I'm terrible at math when it comes to the days in the months. Either way, I don't think free stuff should count towards getting new stuff, although it goes against the accumulation of stuff. Shit! How do I rectify this? I guess I could do one of a few things. First option: I could donate an old shirt to keep the new shirt. Option two: I could donate the new shirt. Option three: I could keep all the shirts as a reward for all the purging I've already done.

Free shirt and creatine when you buy giant bags of protein powder. 😕

So, it's not like I got my free shirt for nothing. I only had to buy close to a metric ton of powder, although, in my defense, it wasn't my intention to get a free shirt. I just wanted a good deal on, well, close to a metric ton of powder, which I will use. Damn it!

Ultimately, there are no hard and fast rules to this year. Well, there are some. Originally I wanted to avoid buying new stuff. So far so good. I added purging and minimizing. I'd still say so far so good. I mean it's one shirt, thrown in as a promotion. If I started collecting tons of free shit then I'd say I'm not living up to my intention(s). I could, if I wanted to, comb Craigslist and Kijiji under the free category and just pack my living space with stuff, but that's obviously a bad idea. I think one shirt is fine, but you know what? I'm going to donate one anyways. Goals and measurements for success are evolving. They should never be static, and maybe that's something to keep in mind with this challenge. I'm still not going to buy stuff. I'm still going to try minimizing the stuff I have. I just gotta accept that there are going to be grey areas I hadn't accounted for and try my best to fit these events into my end goals.

Stupid promotional shirt!

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism