Happy Earth Day 2018!

Well, it's EARTH DAY again ... but this time I'm actually blogging on the day of, unlike last year.  I've been terrible at this consistency thing. I think a portion of that is I don't like writing about going plant-based. Originally I was going to do it for a month, but I kinda like it, so just gonna keep on keepin' on. It's better for me, better for the environment and better for the animals. Win-win-win.

I haven't really come up with a subsequent challenge. I thought about cutting weight. I've been trackin' calories and macros, but really only been maintaining or workin' on a recomposition of sorts. This is a daunting task because I really like food. Guess that means I have to up the fitness game.  I've been slacking as of late. I didn't touch a weight at all last week. It feels like a tear in my shoulder area. Taking a week off has really helped, so maybe a blessing in disguise? 2 months of cutting ... one week won't make a huge difference. My eating has been pretty good and that's predominantly where one loses fat.

Oh, I did climb the CN Tower for the World Wildlife Foundation and raised $1035 for the cause. Raising over $1000 gives you the coveted "Platinum Panda" status. It's basically VIP for the day - skip lines, pieces of fruit in a Platinum Panda lounge, etc.  The important thing is raising funds and awareness for nature and conservation.

Speaking of conservation, spent the day with the family at a conservation park. The kids totally loved it. I dug it too. We didn't get to see all it had to offer - missed an aviary, petting zoo and one of the trails.


Lookout with a Lakeview.

So yeah, happy EARTH DAY! Been steady savin' the planet and makin' healthy lifestyle choices. I can't complain about any of that. I'll try to be more consistent, not that I have a plethora of avid readers.

Gotta get to bed. Been neglecting the sleep front this weekend. Well, more accurately, the kids have been neglecting my sleep.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism