Shaving Win and Over Committing?

I know I haven't been writing lately. That shouldn't come as much of a surprise, given the preamble of this site ... pretty sure I said it would be irregularly updated. I am trying, though, to avoid that irregularity. So, what's new?

I've managed to find a used strop and honing stone for my straight razor! I'm actually really excited about that. I've been looking for a used strop, but everything I came across was new. Sharpening stones were uber expensive too. I guess I didn't really search too hard as I have a cartridge or two of disposable razor refills left. Just figured I'd use those before the switch. That sorta falls under the ol' saying "waste not, want not."

Is it me, or did it just get manlier in here?

As a bonus, the purchased lot came with three straight razors, so I'll practice my honing and stropping skills on those ones. I don't want to ruin my awesome vintage razor. I quite imagine there will be a lot of blood, sweat and tears involved in this little adventure. No really, I'll likely bleed quite often in the beginning. I'll likely sweat from the heavy, anxiety filled concentration. And the tears? Well, I guess it depends on how far down those inevitable cuts go. 😬

Also, I haven't bought anything new for myself. I did buy a plunger, but like underwear, that fell under the hygienic umbrella. I don't need/want other people's shit (literally, their shit) in my house. I'm scoping out a used food dehydrator as I've become involved in another year long challenge. It's put on by 1st Phorm and I have one year to "Transphorm" my body. Maybe I'm over committing here, I don't know. We'll see. Maybe I'll come out of 2017 in the best mental, physical and financial shape of my life, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism