New Direction with Old Habits?

We're one week into 2018 and I'm mulling over the direction to go after 2017. I proudly managed to not buy new stuff for an entire year. I learned a lot, picked up some good habits and greatly improved my mindset. Did I accomplish all I wanted to? No, not really. I still have stuff/clutter, but that's okay. The weight I put on personal belongings has greatly diminished and to me, that's a great thing. I don't feel the need to buy new, but having learned about 'slow fashion,' I'm not opposed to buying some new clothes, so long as they are well made and not drawn from some fashion fad that will soon fade away. The same can be said for other items - no more 'disposables.' I'm only buying things that I will absolutely love and want to repair should things start to give way.


Learned a lot in 2017, like how to consistently give thumbs up in photos.

I'm still left with what to blog about in 2018 and beyond. I've greatly enjoyed incorporating fitness into my lifestyle and having a handmade garage gym. I don't think I can write about that for an entire year. Well, maybe the fitness aspect, but I'm not sure I'd want to read about that and if I don't want to read about it, how am I gonna write about it. On the plus side, I don't believe fitness has an end goal, which would benefit the longevity of my blog. Ugh. I'm just way too self-conscious for that. The few photos I do have of myself were bloody hard to post without feeling like some gloating, self-aggrandizing asshole. At the same token, I don't think others that post their fitness pictures are narcissistic, self-absorbed shitbags. There's the odd pretentious shitbag out there, but the vast majority aren't, and if I don't like the person I don't follow them. Pretty simple solution.

Another thing I've enjoyed this year is cooking/baking/creating food. I've contemplated going vegetarian for a year. That's something that could go on and on and on ... but I'm not sure it's for me. I know veganism isn't, but I could possibly go vegetarian. Hmmm ...

I got it! It just came to me as I wrote about going vegetarian. What about twelve separate monthly challenges that incorporate the four 'F's I try to abide by: Family. Frugality. Fitness. Food. Well, this is my eureka moment. In writing all this out, I've come up with what I'm going to do, in theory anyways. Too bad I'm already one week into the first month. Okay, I'll dwell on it tonight and come up with a couple monthly challenges to start.

I'm actually excited about this.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

New Sustainable Clothes