New Old Shoes

I've been slowly getting back into running, and I haven't decided whether I like it or not.  It's a weird sorta love/hate relationship. It impedes my ability to gain weight and ruins a weight lifting day, but I know it's good for my heart health, not to mention the runs I've been doing have been geared towards good causes. For instance, my upcoming 10k run is for Heart & Stroke. My grandmother suffered from a stroke that crippled her mobility, ended her independence and left her in a home. I'm glad to run and raise funds for research geared towards heart disease and stroke. That being said, you can donate to my run here. SHAMELESS, I know!

Besides spreading good in the world, all this running is taking a toll on my one pair of running shoes. Solution: buy shoes! Of course, I couldn't just walk into the nearest Nike/Reebok/Running Room/(insert good place to buy running shoes here) and pick something off the rack. Nope, this dad has been looking for some gently used shoes and wouldn't ya know, I found some. Now, it's entirely possible I jumped the gun on these. I like Under Armour, I like the black & red colour scheme, but they're a half size too big. The orthotics kinda balance things out. Kinda. I walked around in them last night. Not too shabby. I haven't run in them yet. I'll likely take the kiddies out for a walk today with them. You know, ease myself into these bad boys.


Check the sweet contrast of my red/black shoes with those baby blue orthotics.

I paid $50 bucks Canadian for 'em. I feel the need to mention it's Canadian in the event I have US readers, in which case I likely paid the equivalent of $30 US for 'em. That's a pretty good deal for Under Armour shoes that appear to have been worn once. Seriously, they looked brand new with zero wear on the tread and no stretch in the heel support. I'll use my old UA shoes for my upcoming 10k run. Who knows if these new ones will give me blisters? I'm not trying it over the course of a 10k run. Nope, I'll start small around the neighborhood and build myself up. Hopefully they don't murder my feet. 

Well, it's almost time to go and get the kids. Don't forget, you can donate to my Heart & Stroke run here too.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism