Happy Belated Earth Day

It's now May and I haven't blogged in a bit. I don't really have a valid reason for it. I missed Earth Day, which you figure any eco blog would recognize. I stand by my "irregularly updated" disclaimer. 😏  Besides, shouldn't Earth Day be every day? Is this blog really belated if I believe that?

Well, it's not like I didn't do anything for Earth Day. I made a point of taking my boys out for a good old fashioned, unorganized, impromptu neighborhood makeover. We took out our garbage pickers, some garbage bags and had at 'er. It's like a game to them - see who can pick up the most trash. Their motives may be to win a competition, but the end result is a couple of garbage bags worth of litter off the street. It also gets them in the habit of looking after their environment. Hopefully seeing their dad do it too means they recognize you're never too old to clean your street.


The family that picks together, sticks together?

They genuinely seem to enjoy it, and neither of them fully understands that there is no prize for picking up the most garbage. Both get hot (warm) chocolates when they get home and some other treat. Do 2 & 3 year olds know what bragging rights are? I think my 3 year old does. Maybe that's why he's so zealous during the garbage clean up. Whatever works. If he wants to gloat about how much garbage he picked, I couldn't be prouder.

As a minor update, I haven't purchased anything new. I really haven't purchased anything lately. Oh wait, I did pre-order a recipe book. In my defence it is only available as an eBook and given that it's a pre-order, I couldn't purchase it used, even if there were physical copies. It's a pizza book that focuses on macro friendly recipes. If you're following this blog, I jumped into a 12 month Transphormation contest, put on by 1st Phorm. I was going to try for some aesthetically pleasing body, but have instead turned towards gaining weight and trying to lift heavy stuff. I've found the gym very therapeutic and hitting little weight goals has kept me far more motivated than trying to eat boiled chicken and asparagus in search of single digit body fat percentages.

Well, the kids are screaming upstairs which means it's time to dad. This is another reason I lift weights - dadding is hard work!

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism