When New Hits You and it Feels Good!

It's been busy around the Eco Dad house these days. The wife is off on a business trip. The inlaws are visiting from up north to continue the battle with cancer (I really hate cancer). I'm caught in the middle of all of it trying to make shit work. So far, so good. The kids have been fed, dressed and sent to school without issue. I've also managed to pick them up at the usual time, complete with little dad surprises. The first day they got dried mango slices (not a hit with either of them). The second day they got chocolate milk (always a hit with both of them). Not sure what to do today, but I'm sure they'll be expecting something. Not sure if that's a good thing, but I like the idea of them remembering when dad picked them up and how it was a bit of a treat.

Speaking of treats, I received something new the other day! I'm okay with it because I believe it falls under the hygiene column. It's a hat. I equate it to a base layer of clothing. I mean it's one of those things they don't seem to allow children to share in daycare/school, along with underwear and, umm ... I can only think of those two things. Maybe socks? If it's good enough for the daycares and school boards, it's good enough for me. Besides, have you seen some of the hats in thrift stores? Sketchy to say the least. I am not putting that on my head.


Blue, black and silver ... matches my eyes and a sizeable portion of my hair. 

The timing couldn't have been more perfect as I'll be attending a Blue Jays game for a friend of mine's birthday. Pretty convenient if you ask me, but total coincidence. Also, I didn't buy it, and the person who did buy it for me didn't know I'd be going to a Jay's game anytime soon. 

Other than that, I'm still prowling around for a sharpening stone for my straight razor. I tried a flea market I used to go to with my grandmother (ah, sweet memories), but came out empty handed (way to dump on my memories, flea market). My kids got Hot Wheels cars, but dad got nothing. Typical.

Maybe I should start posting about the 'missed opportunities' and interesting stuff I pass on while I'm out and about. Hmmm ...not a bad idea.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism