Done Good by the Animals

I did it! I completed all 1776 steps of the CN Tower climb for the World Wildlife Foundation. Total funds raised by me? $370! It's not a huge amount, but it's $370 they wouldn't have otherwise had. To add to that awesomeness, I also got to spend time with friends. The only part that sucked was the 0500 hours alarm set on my phone on a Saturday morning. That was dumpy.


Just gonna go ahead and use a B&W filter in honour of all the baby pandas we saved.

This is the kind of activity I think more people should do - something for your body, for a good cause, with good friends. Look at all the win in that picture. If the picture wasn't in black and white you'd see even more win as the girl in the middle got a fluorescent yellow shirt for raising over $1000 ... yes, over one thousand dollars! She's a rockstar, or, as the WWF considers her, a platinum panda member.

I think I might try to find more good causes to support. I just wish most of them weren't runs. I'm doing two 10k runs next month, so I'd like something a little different. This stair climb was perfect. I believed in the cause. The task wasn't a run. Friends took part in it. I genuinely enjoyed it all.

It also gave me a bit of a lead in my Weekend Warrior Fitbit challenge. F yeah!

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

New Sustainable Clothes