Thrift Store Finds, Part 2

As I enter my third month of not buying anything new, I am amazed at some of the stuff people part with. I guess I shouldn't be, given what I parted with, in terms of clothes and items. Everything I donated, or sold as the case may be, was in perfect working/wearable condition. I don't know though, it still kinda floors me. I guess one man's junk really is another man's treasure. Regardless, I took my oldest son on a donation run to lessen the load of toys in our house. I managed an entire garbage bag, but still I barely see a difference. Even now, as I type this, my eyes wander over to a corner with 'stuffy' toys that neither of them has even looked at in over a year. Why is it still there? So. Much. Stuff. I guess it'd take a long time to empty the ocean one bucket at a time, and that's exactly how this feels. Oh well, I did get one bucket (or bag) out of the house. I should take some consolation in that.

Wow, clutter really distracts me! Anyways, in addition to the bag of toys that were donated, I also threw a couple articles of my clothing in there too. I knew I was going to 'shop' around once I donated what I had gathered. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found ...

I guess you could say "I got lucky!" It's a Lucky Brand t-shirt. 😒

If you read the terrible dad joke beneath the picture above, you'd know I found myself a Lucky Brand shirt. These things usually retail for +$30, unless they're being cleared out for new inventory. This one cost me a mere $2.49 CDN. Now, it had two small holes in it, but those were easily repaired by my wife. I brought the sewing kit down to fix it myself, but I couldn't very well argue that if she did it, it would be faster and better. I joyfully conceded on that front and now have a $2.49 shirt without holes, and that my friends deserves the thumbs up you see above!

Shopping on a whim can be kinda fun, but I'm going to have to turn my focus to planning ahead. My favorite grey hoodie is getting quite ratty (beyond repair) as is my grey jacket (which I've repaired once already). I've lost weight and I don't know if my shorts from last season are going to fit. I've considered buying a pair of cross trainer shoes because my runners now have a small hole. The easy route would be to take a trip to ABC store and buy whatever off the shelf. By planning ahead I can at least start looking for replacements to some of the essentials I'm grinding to a dust.

Only 9.5 months to go!

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

Wow - Veganism