If You Can Do Good, Do Good

A few blog posts back I made mention that I would use some of my Kijiji earnings and support a friend's charitable endeavours. I did, but then more recently I thought to myself, why stop there? My finances may be finite, but I can raise more money for the cause by taking part in it myself. That said, I will raise funds for the World Wildlife Foundation by completing the CN Tower Climb here in Toronto. It's just that there is always room for more good in the world. It's like Jello, and if I'm to believe the commercials of my childhood, there is always room for Jello. Who knows, maybe my kids will see me doing it and want to do it too. Granted, they're a little young at 2 and 3 years of age, but it gets them thinking. Here's an excerpt from a conversation I had with my 3 year old this evening about it ...

Not sure I'll be able to save any 'cars' doing the WWF Stair Climb. 😕

So, he may have been thinking about Transformers and how some of them are cars or animals and turn into robots. That's what I'm hoping. Anyways, I did ask him which animal we should save and that gets him thinking. Even if he doesn't remember the awesome conversation above, if I take part in this climb annually he'll see dad trying - trying to do good and make a difference. It will instill values and an awareness of our environment. He already helps me pick up garbage on walks in the warmer weather. It's a bit of a game to him, but again, it's got him out there doing good. If we make it a habit, I'll have two boys who value their surroundings and proactively engage to preserve it. 

Positivity is contagious. So is negativity. Choose what you want to spread.

Also, you can donate to my climb here.

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

New Sustainable Clothes