Forget New Years, We're Going Used Years!

Happy New Used Year! Yes, I'm a tad early, but why wait, right? If you're going to shit the bed with an online initiative to document (poorly I might add) a combination of minimalism and anti-consumerism, you may as well start when you have the chance.  I have a wife who runs her own online business and two kids, aged 3 and 2, that don't exactly grant me much leave from my parental responsibilities. So, while the wife goes and gets her hair done and the kids just about finish up their naps (edit, they're both up and crying in their rooms), I'm wasting valuable cleaning/to-do list time writing this vapid initial blog entry.

What's the point of this blog space, besides wasting your valuable time? Well, I figure I'm going to try one of those minimalist lifestyles and try to minimize my own personal consumption. I'm giving up on buying new shit in favour of gently used shit. Some conditions apply, mainly, that I won't be buying second-hand food or paying for someone else's gitch. I do hear that some women actually charge more for their slightly used delicates. If there's a market for dudes selling their skid marked briefs, perhaps I can supplement my bottomline selling my shit. Yes, that pun was completely intended. Yes, I'd sell you my used underwear if it meant more copper in the coffers.

The first step I've taken in purging is donating clothes that no longer fit. I chose Safety Net in Oakville, ON., but you can donate wherever makes you feel good. It beats sending it to landfill. It also sets up my first used clothing challenge - a suit. I currently have no suit to my name. I donated the two I had, so I'm up shit creek should the need for me to dress up arise. Clearly I'm not over thinking my actions and just sorta gunning with unfettered enthusiasm, waiting for the inevitable regret to sink in.

Well, these kids aren't going to feed themselves, so this entry is cut short by the need for parenting. Side note, I'm already ahead of my weight loss blog which recorded zero entries. Success! :\

Coco out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year Older, Another Race Run and Shoreline Cleaned

Dry February is Here!

New Sustainable Clothes